This is an excerpt from Practice Perfect Softball.
Suny Courtland Practice Plan
4:00 Dynamic stretch
Warm-up (sprints and baserunning)
4:20 Throwing progression and everydays
4:40 Hitting warm-up/dry swings
Split team in half
4:50 Half of team hits - four-corner Wiffles
Half of team does agilities - station work
30 minutes, then switch
- Go through twice with rest between
- 40 seconds of work, 20 seconds off
- 1. Sprint, shuffle, sprint
- 2. One-foot ladder sprint breakdown
- 3. Diagonal bounds
- 4. Shuttle sprint
- 5. Two-feet lateral ladder with shuffle
- 6. Fast feet, directional sprint
- 7. Icky shuffle ladder sprint breakdown
- 8. Four-corner first step
- Half of group hits, half of group shags balls or pitches
- Each rotation is two "laps"
- Four hitters form a 40- to 50-foot (12- to 15-m) square.
- Four tossers face them from inside the square.
- R1: three swings per base = go to next base
- R2: three swings per base = B1: out, B2: in
- B3: up, B4: down
- R3: Each hitter gets one swing - to rip it or run
Learn more about Practice Perfect Softball.