This is an excerpt from Strength Training Past 50-3rd Edition.
Pectoralis major, anterior deltoids, triceps
- Adjust seat so that handles are below chin level.
- Sit with head, shoulders, and back against seat pad.
- Grasp handles with fingers and thumbs, palms facing away.
Upward Movement Phase
- Push hands upward slowly until arms are fully extended.
- Keep wrists straight.
- Exhale throughout pushing movement.
Downward Movement Phase
- Return handles slowly to starting position.
- Inhale throughout lowering movement.
Learn more about Strength Training Past 50, Third Edition.