Journal of Sport Rehabilitation Evidence-Based Practice Print CE Course: The Ankle
Print CourseCourse components are delivered online:
- Five evidence-based practice articles from the Journal of Sport Rehabilitation
- Continuing education exam
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Develop an evidence-based treatment strategy for patients with chronic ankle instability using dynamic balance training and joint mobilizations (for short-term benefits).
- Implement an evidence-based assessment protocol that avoids tests that fail to detect functional impairments among individuals reporting chronic ankle instability.
- Describe if and when ankle taping and stretching may have beneficial effects on risk factors for ankle injuries (e.g., reaction time, range of motion).
Journal of Sport Rehabilitation Evidence-Based Practice: The Ankle CE Course supports the initiative in the athletic training profession to integrate the best new research and evidence into clinical decision making with the goal of improving patient outcomes. Certified athletic trainers completing this course may earn continuing education units to apply toward the newly required evidence-based practice category to maintain their certification.
A continuing education course for certified athletic trainers seeking further education in evidence-based practice.
Table of ContentsArticle 1. Effects of a 4-Week Dynamic-Balance-Training Program Supplemented With Graston
Instrument-Assisted Soft-Tissue Mobilization for Chronic Ankle Instability
Jessica L. Schaefer, Michelle A. Sandrey
©2012 Human Kinetics • JSR 21(4), pp. 313-326
Article 2. Effect of a 2-Week Joint Mobilization Intervention on Single-Limb Balance and Ankle
Arthrokinematics in Those With Chronic Ankle Instability
Matthew C. Hoch, David R. Mullineaux, Richard D. Andreatta, Robert A. English, Jennifer M. Medina McKeon, Carl G. Mattacola, Patrick O. McKeon
©2014 Human Kinetics • JSR 23(1), pp. 18-26
Article 3. Do Functional-Performance Tests Detect Impairment in Subjects With Ankle Instability?
Joanne Munn, David J. Beard, Kathryn M. Refshauge, Raymond W.Y. Lee
©2002 Human Kinetics • JSR 11(1), pp. 40-50
Article 4. The Influence of Ankle Taping on Changes in Postural Stability During Soccer-Specific Activity
Monika Lohkamp, Simon Craven, Colin Walker-Johnson, Matt Greig
©2009 Human Kinetics • JSR 18(4), pp. 482-492
Article 5. Effects of a 3-Minute Standing Stretch on Ankle-Dorsiflexion Range of Motion
Kimberly Pratt, Richard W. Bohannon
©2003 Human Kinetics • JSR 12(2), 162-173
Continuing Education Exam (50 questions)